The Final Post

We came to the end.


       It's been around 2 months since I wrote the "Teaching with technology" post. And honestly, I can't say my thoughts have changed drastically. I think it is still very subjective and it depends on your ability to make technology useful for teaching. I remember the term repurposing. It is all about adapting and adjusting. If you know what you are doing, then it will probably work. I mostly feel the same about my teaching with technology philosophy, small changes are not really worth mentioning since there will always be minor changes to the way I think. But I realized that I had to think more broadly, consider more things, be more detailed. I realized I liked elaborating things. Sometimes more than necessary. I believe being clear is the key. When teaching, one should not use confusing terms or irrelevant words, one should be simple, clear, precise and coherent.




     I want to be honest, again, about the course. It was well planned and structured. Also it was carried out properly, in my opinion. But there was something missing. Even if Dr. Kurt tried her best, I think there was a lack of participation in the class. It could've been better if we, students have done better throughout the course. And I believe in professionalism, even If I myself didn't do great at this course, I think most of us could create such better things. Other than that, it was one of the best, If not the best class I have taken in this department. But this has also something to do with my personal interests. I have been editing and producing videos for years and this course was just fun for me because creating content for specifically wanted purposes is new for me. I think, overall, it was already a good course. Not even comparable with traditional courses.

Comments

Popular Posts