THE RSS




       Hi again, in this post I will be showing you what Rss is, how to use it and how I use it.

First of all, RSS stands for Rich Site Summary and/or Really Simple Syndication. It is used to keep track of a website, source, magazine, book, news or anything you can think of. It is main goal is to track things, like a subscription. It gathers the feed you select and subscribe, so you won't have to go to every website to check whether they posted anything. Rss will notify you when there is something new. 


         I used RSS to follow 3 websites. Namely, www.nonstopteaching.com, philosophynow.org and blog.practicalethics.ox.ac.uk. I didn't follow any others because even only 3 of them shared a lot of posts I could hardly keep up with, but I like the process of being notified that new posts are there and I often check out what's new. I think teachers should follow nonstopteaching.com because they post quick teaching tips, explanations, their experiences and much more.


I used RSS as a Google Chrome extension and it looks like this:










It also allows you to perform several other tasks along with just showing you what you are following. You can edit your RSS list, see how many new posts have been published, go to page, or open every unread page etc.





So let's talk about my favorite blog about teaching. It is definitely the nonstopteaching.com. I think teachers should follow nonstopteaching.com because they post quick teaching tips, explanations, their experiences and much more.They share new teaching techniques which are used in the other parts of the world. They share new laws, rules, grading styles, duties for teachers.  


Comments

Popular Posts